Who We Are?
By empowering young people to become visionary future leaders. This the Foundation will achieve through partnerships with government, the private sector, other civil society organisations, and various other sectors of the community to contribute in skilling, facilitating access to education and other possible opportunities as well as access to health professional services with a view to ensuring psyco-somatic-spiritual stability.
Restoring hope to young people to become the future with a view to recreating the social fibre that produces the best citizenry for the country. Through our partnerships strive to reduce social ills that create setbacks in our communities.
Our Core Values
The Lynette and Peter Zwane Foundation is inspired by the Biblical teachings of the Word of God about the Spirit of being our brothers keepers, love ,care, humility, being an inspiration to others reaching out to the less fortunate, the frail unity; and that no man can stand alone. Understanding that no man can achieve all alone, we need one another as social beings and we are always part of the collective. The Foundation believes that each one of us has a role to play in ensuring that community development is our collective responsibility not only the state.
The Lynette and Peter Zwane Foundation further subscribes to the following beliefs:
The African fundamentals which include the belief that (umuntu ngabantu) and Letsema will characterise the philosophical conviction that collective effort towards a shared vision will inspire every employee in the performance of every day duties. Being patient and receptive and available to others. Affirming others without feeling threatened. Recognising that we achieve our individual selves by sharing ourselves with others. We are part of a greater whole, we are not an Island.
- Taking conscious steps to share relevant information to a relevant level when there is a need to do so.
- Ensuring that all employees, stakeholders, partners are informed and are treated in a manner that is just and fair.
- Being forthright with information when there is a need for things to be done, or to be known and information to be shared.
- To form strategic partnership with all relevant stakeholders within the private sector and the public sector to empower the young people and the broader communities. The Public entities that we plan to work with are but not limited to the following:
- The Presidency.
- Social Development.
- The Department of Higher Education and Training.
- The Department of Agriculture and Rural Development.
- The Department of Land Affairs.
- The Department of Environmental Affairs.
- The Department Arts, Culture Sports and Recreation.
- The Department of Cogta.
- The Private and the Business sector will be through CSI programme.
- Sister foundations that share the common vision with Lynette and Peter Zwane Foundation.
1. Chairperson: Mrs. L.L. Zwane
Qualifications: BA, BED, UED Unizul, Post Grd. Dip. in Public Admin. And Management Wits.
2. Dr. T.M.Mthethwa.
Qualifications: SSTD, BPED, BED in Science Hons. Unizul, MSc and PhD. Wits Univ., LLB ( Curr )
3. Mr. T.P. Zwane
Qualifications: Dip. Agric. Cwaka Agricultural College, Soils Classification Certificate Cedara Agricultural College, Dip. Agric. Extension and Rural Development Univ. of Fort Hare.
4. Mr. M.P. Kunene
Qualifications: Bcom. Accounting Univ. of Natal, Bcom Horns. Accounting Univ. of KZN, Certificate in the Theory of Accounting Univ. of KZN., Part1 SAICA (Qualifying exam and Public Practice Exam ) Independent Regulatory Board for Auditors )
5. Mr. S.S. Zwane
Qualifications: Self Employed entrepreneur and undergrad in Logistics UJ.
6 .Mrs. M.M. Mthembu
Qualifications: Msc. Project Management Univ. of Pretoria, Management Advance Programme SAPAIA, Leadership in Oil and Energy Wits Bus. School, BSc Hons, Applied Science ( chemical ) Univ. of Pretoria, Bachelor of Technology ( water care ) Pretoria Technicon,
7. Dr. N. Bhengu
Qualifications: Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery Walter Sisulu University.
Chaplaincy of the foundation :
Mrs. Rev. N. Msimang